February seems like it has been such a whirlwind! School is getting tough to juggle with life & family. Sometimes I feel like the chaos is really getting to me. I'm one of those people that freeze up when I'm overloaded with anxiety. I just kind of lock up not know where to start with things. Luckily I make it through these moments. Luckily. Silas' sleep issues have continued to get worse. In my sleep deprived state of "I GIVE UP!" at the doctor's office I managed to kind of sob to the man about how incredibly tired I am. This doctor turns out, is very helpful. He suggested that all of Silas' symptoms could possibly be Sleep Apnea. Ironically I had just read an article on the Huffington Post website that talked about sleep apnea in toddlers and I mentioned to Greg that I thought this could be what is going on with Silas. But I didn't want to seem like a crazy hypochondriac mom so I didn't want to bring this up (I'm sure Silas' medical records are flagged with CRAZY MOM); so I was actually taken aback when the doctor suggested it. I think this diagnosis could be it. I hate to wish for a medical problem but I do believe that this fits. But we'll see. We have to see a sleep specialist and then probably an ear, nose, and throat doc (oy! military!). On a more positive note, Silas started speech towards the end of January and he has really shown a lot of improvement in his vocabulary and just using his words when he needs to (instead of screaming), I am amazed everyday by how much he is talking and I am so thankful we got him in speech! Silas also had his 3rd Birthday this week and we had his birthday party this evening! What a blast! Here are some pictures! Holy Junk Food, what a good time!!!
Happy Birthday Baby Boy! I have loved being a mother and these passed 3 yrs, though not easy it has been an amazing ride!
In other news, Greg got a job at Fluid Kinetics in Winfield, which means.... yep, we're moving back down yonder!!! yaaaay :/ Not too excited about that but I am going to be excited to be closer to grandma & grandpa and the rest of my crazy ass family.
No comments:
Post a Comment