Monday, October 18, 2010

YUMMY MUFFIN!

So I've been trying to figure out something to take to the Halloween party at playgroup. After a lot of searching online I found this recipe on the back of my Hodgson Mill Flaxseed box, this is a winner. Not only is it kind of sort of on the healthy side but it tastes great too! Although I did tweak it some to make it more kid friendly, I added butterscotch morsels instead of the nuts and I might even put gummy worms in to go along with the Halloween theme. But these muffins make a great snack or even for breakfast.

Chocolate Yogurt Muffins

1 1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. flax seed
1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. fat free vanilla yogurt
1/4 c. veg. oil
1/4 c. milk
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 400 degrees, Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. In another bowl combine the yogurt, oil, and milk. Add the nuts to the dry ingredients.  Pour yogurt mixture into the dry mix and stir until just blended.  Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (about 2/3 full). Bake for 18-20 minutes. Each muffin contains about 161 calories, 3 g. fiber, 5 g. protein

No comments:

Post a Comment